Spend more on making the ESI server functional & stable. No other game I can think of is as dependent upon 3rd-party tools as EVE Online.
Add POCOs to the Solar System Map. Warping to a POCO'd planet from the Solar System map is dangerous because you don't know how far away it's anchored (you can land at zero & bounce).
Ability to undo bookmark deletion (and/or a Recyle Bin sorta deal). Having no recourse after accidentally deleting a valuable location (ntm several) is a real bummer.
Keyboard shortcut: recall launched probes.
Keyboard shortcut: center probes on ship (the button is great, but a shortcut would be lovely).
Keyboard shortcut: Focus Current Location (button in Solar System Map).
Keyboard shortcut: set minimum nonzero speed (perhaps user-configurable).
Keyboard shortcut: increment speed one position (eleven 10% throttle positions from 0% speed up to 100% speed).
Keyboard shortcut: decrement speed one position.
Keyboard shortcut: increment speed by [user-configurable m/s].
Keyboard shortcut: decrement speed by [user-configurable m/s].
In the Reset Settings section of the Escape menu: disambiguate that hot mess!
• Separate entries for warnings of the type,"Always warn me if:"
• "I'm about to jump into a Sansha-influenced system in Low-Security or Null-Security space."
• "I'm about to jump into a Trigavian-influenced system."
• "I'm about to jump into an EDENCOM-influenced system."
Sort active/piloted ship to top of Ship Hangar, top-left in Icons view mode (or option to make this the case).
Reduce lock range of all non-carrier NPCs to 300 km (excepting CONCORD/facpo/etc). Ranges sensibly individualized to NPC's hulls/roles would be better, but simply lowering them all to 300 would be ace.
Logi-only drone. Big tank, tiny damage, 1 m3, 1 mbit/s unique bandwidth, 300 km optimal, lowish RoF. Hulls with RR bonuses get unique 1 mbit/s bandwidth + 300 km control range only for this drone.
Bring starter filaments (T0 Tranquils) back to starter space (.9 and 1.0 security) and push the rest further down. Proposed changes at this link.
Right-click option in Solar System map for "Center Probes on [object]" (also in overview and brackets in space). Only for warpables like bookmarks, planets, beacons, structures, etc.
Persist Probe Scanner results/ignores across client closures/launches.
Merge TCU & IHUB.
View Outside for NPC stations.
Allow grouping of identical smartbombs.
Increase character limit of Notepad notes.
In Location search results: make the results sortable by jumps from current location.
In Location search results: make the results show distance from current location in light years.
Figure out what, exactly, we can't do while warping. Make midwarp messages reflect in-game cicumstances (e.g. "Jump command cancelled/queued," "Docking request cancelled/queued").
Uncap the number of rentable offices in NPC stations. A cap on rental bills might also be in order. The rent is too DAMN high! That's assuming there's anything to rent, of course.
New Fleet window hamburger menu option: Flag Exempt From Regroup.
New Fleet boss ship/class checklist which auto-moves selected ship classes to specified wing/squad positions. Mockup at this link.
Make Planetary Industry less of an interminable clickfest.
Option to enable an extra confirmation popup if destroying implants when death cloning. Maybe the second warning plays the hull alarm sound and asks, "REALLY DESTROY THESE IMPLANTS?".
Ability to copy watchlist to clipboard and import watchlist from clipboard (could use the handy Notepad HTML formatting so watchlists could be moved to/from individual Notes).
Indicate warp invulnerability at the top-left. "Unlockability" is a better term since one is actually vulnerable to AoE damage during this period (and during warp & deceleration, ftm).
Show remaining m3 available in holds/containers, e.g. "3,419.27/13,057.8 (9,638.53 remaining)". Allow copying all these values to clipboard via right- or double-click.
Buy DOTLAN from Wollari and integrate it into the client. Or contract an astrometrist-cartographer to build it inhouse. Gotta be thousands of them looking for work, amirite?
Facility to pre-populate the history (i.e. autocomplete fill options) of the Search tool with a list of characters/structures/systems (from the clipboard).
• Same thing for the New Location (bookmark) window, and perhaps also the Route tool, Contract window, Delivery window, ACL Add Members window, etc.
Non-audit log and non-password variants of station containers.
Right-click toggle option for containers in hangars called "Lock Against Repackaging" (a "Hide from Inventory" option would also work which makes a container appear only in the Index drop-down).
Persist minimization/closure of chat(s) after client close (n.b. involuntary channels like Corp, Alliance, Sansha Incursion).
New Infomorph Diffusion skill. Adds secondary jump clone vat accessible only wherever 1 standard JC is installed, 1 extra clone per level. Advanced version for 5 more. Reduce total JC locations back to 10.
New Infomorph Regeneration skill. Enables a "Regenerative Mode" toggle switch in the JC window which, if toggled on, reduces the JC cooldown by an additional 84 minutes per level (for a new 12-h minimum).
• Regenerative Mode is only accessible if 3 or fewer standard JCs are installed and prohibits installation of more (diffusion vats remain accessible). 1 month cooldown for switching from one mode to the other.
Give the Oneiros and Scimitar two extra mid slots that can only fit Remote Tracking Computers.
Introduce Remote Missile Guidance Computers (and give the Oneiros and Scimitar a bonus to them and let them fit them in their dedicated slots).
Reduce uninteresting tedium surrounding skill planning:
• Remove NPC skillbook sell orders and remove the 30% buy-and-inject convenience fee for said skillbooks.
• The only skillbooks remaining as tradeable items would be dropped and LP-derived ones (in addition to whatever stock of NPC-sell-derived books existed when transition occurred).
• Make skill window able to buy, inject and begin training all non-LP/drop-derived skills from any skill plan in one click.
• Remove remapping and combine all attributes into a single Neuroplasticity value at 25 points; keep implants/boosters at current values (SP/hour would be unchanged).
• There's apparently much attachment to the remap mechanic, but it's gross to me. Constraint-by-tedium is a bad design mode in general and should be stamped out.
• "Please plan around yearlong timers" is especially poor design if the stuff you're planning is abstruse as fuck anyway. Why complicate it further? CCP constantly worry about player retention...
Remove all mission/anomaly/incursion popup windows. Instead, put the text into Local chat (or make an option in settings to make this the behavior).
More bookmark expiry options (16 & 24 hours would be nice for wormholersbtw; an arbitrary option like 1-168 hours would be super-nice).
Make "Add as First Waypoint" also an option for systems/stations/structures in chats/notepad/broadcasts/map. Currently exists only via right-clicking a gate in overview or in space (or via 3rd-party apps).
Ability to save & share multi-waypoint routes (e.g. click "Copy Route to Clipboard" button in Route tool and paste unique-colored link into chat/notepad; right-clicking the link gives "Set Route" option).
Increase cost of Asset Safety. HS: 5% then 20%, LS: 10% then 35%, NS: 15% then 50%. Could alternatively scale it based on lightyear distance of delivery.
Address the sprawl-enabling effectiveness of Ansiblex jump gates:
• Reduce the radius of Ansi models from 13 to 3.75 km to make them surroundable by a single dictor bubble (like half of all normal stargates are) and thus riskier to use.
• Further increase risk of using Ansiblexes by adding a polarization mechanic to them.
• If you also want to slow down Ansi networks, make polarization universal instead of per-gate, i.e. only one Ansi jump per x_minutes. Could possibly exempt some hulls from polarization.
ACL-based hangars and wallets. [would probably be an enormous PITA to implement, but wonderful for QOL]
Differentiate wormholes based on origins/destinations, increase some wormhole frequencies and add new wormholes:
• Separate holes which currently have multiple origin classes to allow more finely-tuned changes (thinking of e.g. event-specific wormhole distribution alterations):
• Make S199 only NS → NS, N944 LS → LS, B449 LS → HS, Z971 LS → C1, R943 C2 → LS, X702 C3 → LS, N432 C5 → LS, U319 C6 → LS.
• Eight new KS → JS wandering holes to separate the existing ones; five NS → C1, C2, C3, C5, and C6 and three HS → C1, C2 and C3 (same stats as their current equivalents; HS → C5/C6 already exist).
• New LS → NS wormhole to replace current LS → NS S199; +10% current frequency of LS → NS S199; same mass & transit as S199.
• New NS → LS wormhole to replace current NS → LS N944; +7.5% current frequency of NS → LS N944; same mass & transit as N944.
• New NS → HS wormhole to replace current NS → HS B449; +5% current frequency of NS → HS B449; same mass & transit as V283.
• New Thera → Pochven static wormhole; patrolled by SoE in in Thera and Sleepers in Poch; can appear in any system; same mass & transit as C729.
• New Thera → JS static C3-class holes w/~10 minute respawn delay to each class of JS (roughly according to prevalence, e.g. one C6, two C1s, and three each C2-C5).
• New Incursion constellation → random Stain constellation wormholes; the connection could even go through one of the three Sansha-controlled shattered C4s!
• +50% S199 [as against current rate of NS → NS S199 only].
• +35% Z142, C248, E587 (C5/C6/Thera → NS).
• +30% C140, C391, V898 (C5/C6/Thera → LS).
• +25% five new NS → JS holes [as against current rate of NS → JS wanderers only], L031 (NS → Thera).
• +20% Z971, R943, X702, N432, U319 (LS → JS) [as against current rate of LS → JS wanderers only], M164 (LS → Thera).
• +15% N944 (LS → LS) [as against current rate of LS → LS N944 only].
• +10% three new HS → C1-C3 holes [as against current rate of HS → C1-C3 wanderers], R051, V283, M555, B041, T458 (HS → LS/NS/C5/C6/Thera).
• +5% A641, B449, D792, B520, Q063 (HS/LS/C5/C6/Thera → HS).